Thursday, December 3, 2009

Dowager's Hump

A few weeks ago, I finished a book aptly names "Power Posture", by Lee Parore. It is a very good book that really emphasizes strengthening the body's center base (pelvis to thoracic spine). When you really think about it, having optimal posture is about protecting the spine during movement. The spine serves as the chassis for the human body and we are only as strong, erect, and powerful as the condition of the spine is. That is why most corrective exercise emphasizes on maintaining an optimal posture and strengthening any weak links to ensure that the spine is maintained through physical activity and life.




The book also touched up upon something that I have been seeing my some of my overweight patients--mostly women up-wards in age--that I think most of you have seen.